City centre revitalisation
Get your event featured in the city centre revitalisation campaign
- Register a What's On user account for your business and click the link in the confirmation email to complete your registration.
- Submit your event on the website.
- Select 'Things to do in the city centre' as the program.
- Don't forget to include some details about your event's Covid safety plan in the event description.
Events that meet our submission guidelines will be featured on the Things to do in the city centre program page.
1. Prepare your listing in advance
- Browse the site to get a feel for what works.
- Check the event submission guidelines.
- Get your copy and information together. See anatomy of an event listing for an outline of all fields.
2. Choose a hero image – photographic images work best!
- Photos are best for your main image. We cannot publish images with text, post logos, clip art or flyers.
- You can upload flyers and logos as additional images.
- Find image specs and more in our knowledge base.
3. Select the program 'Things to do in the city centre'
- In step 2 of the submission process, you can select a program. Please choose 'Things to do in the city centre'.
About the city centre revitalisation campaign
The recent lockdown was a huge challenge for people in Sydney, particularly businesses in the city centre. As part of our work to revitalise the city and give it the extra support it needs, we’re running a marketing campaign to encourage people back in to see, eat, drink, shop and dwell.
Our marketing campaign will begin in October 2021 and run through to mid-2022. Things to do in the city centre will be our primary landing page.
From nightlife to theatre, food and drink to shopping, we want to know about any events you are organising in the city centre.
Once uploaded, events that meet our event submission guidelines will feature on What's On and may also appear across the following channels:
- editorial articles featured on What's On and City of Sydney News
- in our weekly What’s On e-newsletter (30,000 subscribers)
- posts on our City of Sydney Facebook page (283,000 followers), Twitter (264,000 followers) and Instagram (176,000 followers)
- digital advertising
- if your event stands out, we may ask to take some photos or video.
- All event content selected for use across the city centre revitalisation marketing campaign is at the editorial discretion of the City of Sydney