Sydney Rides 2019
About Sydney Rides
Now in its 8th year, Sydney Rides is establishing itself as must-do on the Sydney event calendar.
Sydney Rides features a diverse collection of events for all ages and experience.
In 2019, the format will change to incorporate the season of Spring (1 September to 30 November 2019). This change will allow us to better promote the individual events and provide people with more opportunities to attend events.
The City will produce several events over this period including The Big Adventure, Light the City and the Sydney Rides photo exhibition.
At the heart of the success of Sydney Rides has been the diverse collection of events delivered by people like you – bike-related business, advocacy groups and community members who want to see more people riding in Sydney.
Sydney Rides 2019 will feature as a major event on What’s On.
The major event page will feature all associated events, together with editorial about the festival giving visitors the opportunity to browse the program and learn more about each event.
Watch how Sydney Rides has benefited Omafiets in Redfern.
Get your event featured in the Sydney Rides 2019 campaign
- Let us know about your event first.
- Register a What’s On user account and click the link in the confirmation email to complete your registration.
- Submit your event on the website.
Events that meet our submission guidelines will be featured in the Sydney Rides campaign. Please submit your event online by Friday 26 July 2019. Late submissions may not feature across some of our communication channels but they'll be listed online.
1. Prepare your listing
- Browse the site to get a feel for what works.
- Check the event submission guidelines.
- Get your copy and information together. See Anatomy of an event listing for an outline of all fields.
2. Choose a hero image – photographic images work best!
- Photos are best for your main image. We cannot publish images with text, post logos, clip art or flyers.
- You can upload flyers and logos as additional images.
- Find image specs and more in our knowledge base.
3. Tag your event Cycling
You can add up to 5 tags to describe your event. Be sure to include Cycling as one of your tags!
Reach an engaged audience
Once submitted, events that meet our event submission guidelines will feature on What’s On and may also appear across the following Sydney Rides marketing initiatives:
- Sydney Rides editorials featured on What’s On
- Features in our weekly What’s On e-newsletter in September and October (30,000 subscribers)
- Features in the SydneyCycleways e-newsletter in September, October and November (15,000 subscribers)
- Posts on our City of Sydney Facebook page (181,000 likes), Twitter (159,000 followers) and Instagram followers (100,000 followers)
- Posts on our SydneyCycleways Facebook page (27,000 likes), Twitter (3,100 followers) and Instagram (2,000 followers)
- Sydney Rides media program – inclusion in releases and pitches to mainstream media
There are activation opportunities available at The Big Adventure and Light the City.
To find out more or for help with your submission, please contact us.
All event content selected for use across the Sydney Rides marketing campaign is at the editorial discretion of the City of Sydney.
Sydney Rides recognition
- Part of Sydney Rides 2019 copyline on your website and marketing collateral including flyers, posters and other materials
- Recognise your event as being part of Sydney Rides 2019 in all media releases and other communications (for example e-newsletters and social media content).
02 9246 7307