Get your event featured in the Sydney Christmas campaign
- Register a What's On user account for your business and click the link in the confirmation email to complete your registration.
- Submit your event on the website.
- Tag your event Christmas.
Events that meet our submission guidelines will be featured in the Sydney Christmas campaign.
1. Prepare your listing in advance
- Browse the site to get a feel for what works.
- Check the event submission guidelines.
- Get your copy and information together. See Anatomy of an event listing for an outline of all fields.
2. Choose a hero image – photographic images work best!
- Photos are best for your main image. We cannot publish images with text, post logos, clip art or flyers.
- You can upload flyers and logos as additional images.
- Find image specs and more in our Knowledge base.
3. Tag your event Christmas
- You can add up to 5 tags to describe your event. Be sure to include Christmas as one of your tags!
About Sydney Christmas
A Sydney Christmas is like no other in the world, with its sun-drenched summer days and balmy nights, uniquely Aussie festivities, and tradition with a twist.
The City of Sydney aims to promote Sydney as a desirable Christmas destination by working with retailers, partners and sponsors to provide multiple reasons for residents, workers and visitors to visit the city over the festive season. We want people to shop, eat, drink and experience the Christmas vibrancy; and for non-Sydneysiders to stay the night in a hotel.
We are preparing our marketing campaign and want to know about your special Christmas events, shopping nights, decorations, promotions, offers and more! This year we are specifically looking for Christmas events across these themes:
- Attractions: Interactive Christmas experiences, decorations and stunning visual spectacles
- Concerts & Carols: Christmas concerts and carol or choir services
- Shopping & Markets: Christmas promotions, markets and exclusive in-store experiences
- Families: Family-friendly Christmas activities for mums, dads and kids
- Food & Drink: Christmas themed menus and promotions
- Nightlife: Late night Christmas experiences
Once submitted, events that meet our event submission guidelines will feature on What's On and may also appear across the following Christmas marketing initiatives:
- Christmas editorials featured on What's On
- Christmas features in our weekly What’s On e-newsletter in November and December (30,000 subscribers)
- Christmas posts on our City of Sydney Facebook page (251,000 likes), Twitter (258,000 followers), Instagram (156,000 followers) and Google + (73,370 followers)
- City of Sydney Christmas media program – inclusion in releases and pitches to mainstream media
- Outdoor, print, radio and digital advertising in November and December
To find out more or for help with your submission, please contact us.
- All event content selected for use across the Christmas marketing campaign is at the editorial discretion of the City of Sydney.